Monday, October 3, 2011

Loser

my memories frolic, just forward of my fingers, on the edge of oblivion.
i desperatly cling to them. each moment captured a small victory, a smile
but just as quickly they dart away

the world does not remember my daily actions,
my stolen glances, my quiet conversations under a willow, my fleeting friendships
my cliche existence
this is fair: there are many people, many more influential, active, Important
the world holds no obligation to me
as much as i might want it to.

so here we are
a war wages on
a war that i will lose
i wave a white flag, sobbing,
"can't you leave me with just a few tattered remnants, things for me to hold on to?"

time marches on.
i must make new memories
to replace my fallen soldiers
to buttress my sanity

1 comment:

  1. 1. Kudos on the most appropriate and necessary capitalization of the word "important" I've ever seen.

    2. Let's kick that whole making new memories thing into high gear.

    3. Is it creepy I'm stalking your writing now? (I just decided this is a rhetorical question. Kthx.)

    ReplyDelete